TRADE UNION OF RETIRED PERSONS OF CROATIA
Krešimirov trg 2, 10 000 Zagreb
tel: 01/46 55 146 • 01/46 35 202 • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.suh.hr
- One in three citizens older than 65 is poor; Croatia ranks fourth on the basis of poverty of older people in EU
- 630.000 pensioners (55%) have a pension below 2.000 HRK; we are among the three EU countries with the share of average pension in average wage (39 %!)
- In the last three years pensions have been adjusted by an average of 5,00 HRK
- There is no „welfare pension“ for those without any pension
- The State does not care about the protection of dignity and standard of older persons!
I VOTE AGAINST POVERTY OF OLDER PERSONS
Trade union of retired persons of Croatia invites you to sign this petition as a sign of solidarity with Croatian pensioners and older persons!
1. LET’S BUILD A WALL AGAINST POVERTY OF OLDER PERSONS
- Increase pensions for all those who retired after 1 January 1999 (deprived by approximately 19%)
- Introduce minimum pension at the amount of 50% of the minimum wage
- Introduce the so-called welfare pension (state allowance for persons older than 65 without a pension) at the burden of the state budget.
2. LET’S IMPROVE THE MODEL OF INDEXATION OF PENSIONS
- Introduce new model of pension indexation with growth of wages of the employed and consumer price index developed specifically for pensions indexation
- Consumer price index for pensions must not be calculated on the basis of development of all prices but only food, housing, health care and transport.
- Twice a year adjust pensions with more favourable factor (wage increase or consumer price index), and once a year with the growth of GDP.
3. LET’S IMPROVE PROTECTION AND PARTICIPATION OF PENSIONERS
- Establish a special ombudsperson for older persons
- Establish advisory bodies for pensioners and older persons at the level of counties, cities and municipalities.
THE DEMANDS SUPPORTED BY YOUR SIGNATURES WILL BE SENT TO THE NEW GOVERNMENT!